First Attemp, oops!

Okay, so I totally killed the yeast. I threw it in when the mix was scalding hot. I didn't realize what I had done until the bread didn't rise. I cooked it anyway and the kids loved the dense snack after school.
I am a big cinnimon roll, orange roll, dinner roll baker, but I've never tried a loaf of bread. My mom makes the best bread ever. I remember coming home from school to the smell of home made bread. I wanted that in my home too.
I also needed to get up on my food storage. So, instead of spending a lot of money on a trip to the beach this summer, we decided to buy some food for storage and a wheat grinder.
Matt tried to talk me into getting a manual one. He said he'd grind as much as I needed, however often I needed. Yeah, right!!! I saw the future of that not turning out in my favor.
So I got a great cookbook and put it to the test.
Bread is so much easier and fast than rolls! I can't wait to try different recipes!

Comments

enickel said…
You are a show off! That bread looks delicious. Spread some butter on that...I can smell it from here.
enickel said…
I love the pic of Selah by the way. She is a sweet thing.

Popular posts from this blog

What a time with the Wii!

Lunchtime Prayer