Matt's homecoming

Papa came home a day early from his work trip that lasted a week. We decided to make it a surprise for the children. The children and I were sitting on the front porch, watching the fire flies and wishing on the first star of the night when Matt turned on his car siren and approached the house. The children were confused at first and then realized that papa was home!!! They all ran to the car yelling, "Papa's home, papa's home!" They gave him hugs and came promptly to our bedroom for their "prizes". Every time Matt goes on a trip he comes back with something for everyone.
This picture is of them waiting for Matt to open his bags and call each one to him to give them their prize. They were all very happy. Eliza got a box of High School Musical Cereal, Savannah got some chocolate breakfast straws, Emma got some much needed jeans and shirts, Brower got an iron man action figure, and Ira got a cool airplane that shoots off a gun and flies around.
I must say that I got the best prize of all. No, it wasn't the David Yurman ring he brought home for my birthday, (although that was very unexpected and well received!). My favorite prize was Matt coming home a day early to be with us before he has to leave again tomorrow. We spent a relaxing Sunday at the house watching General Conference. Between sessions we had a couple of families over for dinner. We watched the second session with them. It was very nice to spend time with good friends and be so full I could barely move.
I made some oatmeal yeast dinner rolls and some cinnamon rolls from the same dough. They were yummy! We also had roast with potatoes and carrots. My friend brought a salad, soup, and dessert. Oh yeah, I also made a buffalo dip for an appetizer. We had too much. I'm glad none of the talks were on being a glutton. That's what I felt like after all was said and done.
Today was wonderful. Sunday's with the family are my favorite!

Comments

Libby said…
what did selah get?! i want to see your ring! i love your family and miss you guys tons
enickel said…
What cute babies you have. I had to count them because it looked like you had some neighbors in the pic. Nope, all yours! What a blessed mom you are. I tried your ring on first!
I didn't know Matt was collecting such treasures! I should have added in... my loss!

Popular posts from this blog

What a time with the Wii!

Lunchtime Prayer